SA100 Charity Form Software

Would you like to give your tax refund repayment to charity?

If HMRC owe you a tax refund, you can give your repayment to a charity of your choice simply by filling in the SA100 Charity Form. It's an easy way to make a donation – and you can use Gift Aid to increase the value of your gift. It's done through a scheme called SA Donate and thousands of charities, large and small, are taking part. They each have a special Charity Code and you will need this to complete the form.

You can complete the SA100C Charity section within Andica Self Assessment software for individual tax payers returns. To activate the data entry screens, while you are within the 'If you have paid too much tax' screen of the SA100, select the check-box for Question 14- 'If you would like some, or all, of your repayment to go to charity, select this box'.

You can search for Charity Code on HMRC website or you can phone them and they will provide you with your charity's code. Once you have got the code, all you have to do is to activate the SA100 Charity form within the software, fill it in and submit it with your Tax Returns online to the HMRC and they will do the rest for you. You can give all or just part of your repayment. You don't need to work out your tax bill to fill in the form – if you don't know how much HMRC owe you, you can either advise them to send the full amount, or just tell them the maximum amount you would wish to donate. We can never send more than your total repayment. Page TRG 19 of SA150 Tax Return guide provides further details to assist you to complete SA100 Charity section. You can use Gift Aid to let your charity claim back the tax you have already paid on your gift. Gift Aid increases the value of your gift by 25% – at no cost to the taxpayer. You must pay enough Income or Capital Gains Tax this tax year to cover the tax your charity will claim back from HMRC.

Andica Self Assessment Tax Returns Software for Individual tax payers provides features for completion of SA100 Charity form along with SA100 Main tax return and all other supplementary forms.


Prices are subject to change without notice. Latest prices are published on the online ecommerce pages.

Software and CD images are for illustration only, the software may differ from these images displayed