CT600J Tax Return Form for Disclosure of tax avoidance schemes
You need to complete the CT600J Disclosure of tax avoidance schemes section if:
- You are a party to any notifiable arrangements under S308, 309, 310 FA 2004
- You have received an eight digit Scheme Reference Number (SRN)
- You have entered into a transaction which is part of those arrangements either in this or a
previous accounting period, and expect to receive a tax advantage from those arrangements in this or any future accounting period.
You should not use this form if:
- You are an employer and the notifiable arrangements concerned are arrangements
connected with employment. A SRN for employment products should be notified separately using form AAG4
- You are a party to any notifiable arrangements in the accounting period covered by this return that have not otherwise been notified to HMRC.
You should do so now by completing form AAG3.
Disclosable tax avoidance schemes
Scheme Reference Number (SRN)
Enter the reference number given to you by the promoter or by HMRC (as appropriate) for
each notifiable proposal or notifiable arrangement if you have either:
- Implemented the arrangement in the accounting period affected by this return and expect
Corporation Tax advantage in this or a later period
- Previously implemented the scheme and expect a Corporation Tax advantage in this or a later accounting period.
The amount of the penalty is £100 for each scheme to which the failure relates unless either of the following apply.
- £500 for each scheme where the company has previously failed to comply on one and only one
occasion during the period of 36 months ending with the date of the current failure, whether or not the
failure relates to the same scheme.
- £1000 for each scheme where the company has previously failed to comply on two or more
occasions during the period of 36 months ending with the date of the current failure, whether or not the failure relates to the same scheme.